|Click on these pictures and get instant 20% discount!|
|Receive news and special offers
What is VCDEasy?
VCDEasy allows you to play/watch your videos (from DV camcorder, DivX, DVD,...), your pictures (from digital camera, scanner,...) and your audio files (music, audio comments,...) directly on most of the home DVD players, without having to buy a DVD Writer and DVD discs. How ? VCDEasy allows you to build easily VideoCDs (VCD/SVCD)! Please note that many guides are freely available on this site.
VCD stands for "Video Compact Disc". If you're familiar with regular audio/music CDs, then you will understand what a VCD is!
A VCD is a CD (CD-R or CD-RW, so cheap) that can contain up to 80 minutes video, up to 1980 pictures, up to 6 hours of audio (CD sound quality), or a mix of them. On a VCD, it is also possible to have menus and chapters, similiar to DVDs. You can also have simple photo album/slide shows. The same way most of the home DVD player and computers can play Audio CDs, a VCD can be played on almost all standalone DVD players (only a few persons know that!) and of course on all computers with a DVD-ROM or CD-ROM drive with the help of a software player.
Invented by Philips, the VCD is born before the DVD. It did not have a big commercial success around the world because 2 CDs were needed to store one 1H30 film. But now, VCD is very popular because it is a cheap way to make at home DVD like discs. As opposed to a DivX CD, a VCD can be played on almost all home DVD players, i.e watched on a TV. No need to have a computer, no need to configure it to play DivX films... Watching a VideoCD is as simple as watching a DVD! The VideoCD, for example, is a really great solution to share videos and pictures with familly and friends, they only need a DVD Player and a TV!
All you need to do is to provide VCDEasy with MPEG files compliant with the VideoCD specifications (an MPEG pictures encoder is already included into VCDEasy, use the excellent Audio2VCD to encode your audio only files, and use for example the excellent TMPGEnc encode to MPEG your videos). 'Novice' users can simply select (VideoCD ready) MPEG files and click the 'go' button, while 'advanced' users can configure/use almost all aspects of the VideoCD specifications (PlayBack Control based interactivity, Chapters, Menus support, CD-i support...).
VCDEasy runs under Windows 98/98SE/Me/NT4/2000 and XP
* Graphic is representative only. Product only available as a download.
More screen shots here.
VCDEasy Revision History
Download the trial version
VCDEasy 3.0.2 trial version (2,72 MB)
You can create VideoCDs and make some tests with this trial version. The restrictions of the trial version are:
- No files bigger than 200 MB
- No more than 5 MPEG picture/audio files and 2 MPEG video files (instead of up to 1980 MPEG picture/audio files and 98 Video Max).
- You can save projects but not reload them.
- No "Execute an (S)VCD XML file" in the tools
- All MPEG Stills have 'www.vcdeasy.org' as watermark
- Project files and MPEG analyzes cache files are not in the clear.
- You can not disable the "Check for new version once per day" feature.
VCDEasy trial version license agreement
How to buy VCDEasy ?
By registering VCDEasy you will get the following benefits:
- VCDEasy commercial version (which does not have, of course, the restrictions of the trial version)
- All (minor AND major) upgrades of VCDEasy will be FREE, as written in the License Agreement, section "1. LISENCE". Licensed users have a direct access to each new commercial version via this page
- Priority technical support via e-mail
Registration is easy and safe. It can be completed by credit card, check, PayPal or wire transfer.
Buy Now !
VCDEasy commercial version license agreement
Copyright laws vary from country to country. Before installing/using this software, you have to determine whether this product or your intended use is legal. We do not encourage the use of any software in violation of applicable laws.